Roxboro Power Plant
Control system replacement for Unit 1 at Duke Energy's 2.4 Gigawatt Roxboro Steam Station, one of the largest power plants in the United States.
Project Location: Semora, NC
Project Role: Engineering & Design
- Existing control system for Unit 1 was completely replaced with a new system.
- Condensed design schedule to meet pre-planned outage.
- 350 GE Genius blocks replaced with Emerson Ovation DCS modules.
- Over 2,000 I/O points moved to the new Ovation system.
- New connection drawings created for field wiring connections to new modules and marshalling terminal blocks.
- Over 300 existing and new drawings updated or created to reflect the new control system