HEARST TOWER TRADING FLOOR
Hearst Tower's Bank of America trading center is one of the most advanced trading environments in the world.
Project Location: Charlotte, NC
Project Role: Design Assist & Virtual Coordination
- The first trading floor of its kind in Charlotte, NC.
- At the time of construction this was the second largest trading floor outside of Wall Street.
- A unique compartmentalized 36" raised floor system was used to support mechanical and electrical distribution.
- The original construction documents included minimal details targeted for permit only. We took those drawings and incorporated the necessary details to develop coordination drawings which assisted the contractor during construction.
- A 50 foot ceiling posed lighting and installation challenges. We provided consulting support to help develop a plan for the installation of lighting and the advanced lighting and shade controls utilized to maintain proper light levels.