DUPLIN SOLAR I
A 5MW AC ground-mounted photovoltaic solar farm providing energy back to the grid in Duplin County.
Project Location: Kenansville, NC
Project Role: Engineering & Design
- Over 19,000 solar photovoltaic modules.
- Mid-project shift from 4.5MW to 5MW size created a site with both central inverters for the initial 4.5MW and string inverters for the 500kW addition.
- Portrait-oriented, fix-tilt, ground-mounted racking system.
- Three 1,500kW central inverters and eighteen 30kW string inverters supply 5,000kW of power back to the electrical grid.
- Grounding ring design for central inverter and transformer pad grounding.